Saturday, October 30, 2010

I love Pav Bhaji

I actually cooked for the first time in a very long time. I haven't wanted to in forever because my mom is always in the kitchen making spectacular creations! Yes, it is quite heavenly always having tons of tasty leftovers in the fridge because she still cooks for 7 people every night.

In New Jersey this family I stayed with made this mushy spicy vegetable dish that you serve on french bread with..geer? I think it was...fatty butter? Well it did look a little weird, but it tastes delicious! They seriously cook with so many spices. I was following the recipe, which is on the back of a box of spices. It is like 2 tablespoons of one spice to each green pepper and then 2 tablespoons of another spice to each tomato. It makes normal steamed vegetable look so plain. I was quite surprised that it turned out good! I was missing a few spices and peas, but it was still OK! or in hindi, swadisht!

Yes, and now I can have something in common with the vegetarian Indians. This lady I study with again brought up not eating meat...oh...I feel like it is such an offense to eat meat. So I quickly changed the subject to "YEAH pow budgi is the best, mushy vegetables are awesome, in fact I am going to go make some right now!"

boring side note- savannah cats are so cute! They are a breed of Serval cat (its like a small skinny tiger african looking cat) and house cat. I really want one! And there is the adorable video of a cat named Maru on youtube who puts bags on his head and walks around.

No comments: