Friday, December 17, 2010

SUNSHINE!

So the weather report said today was the only non raining day this week, so we ran off to the nearest pretty beach. Cahuita beach was super pretty. It reminded me of the bachelorette when they are in tahiti. You could walk out like a mile (I am guessing, i was too scared to go that far) and the water is all waist level and calm and the perfect temperature! And on the other side of the beach their Cahuita National park which we walked a few miles through to get to the pretty beach. We saw so many monkeys in the trees and these giant sized lizards. I think they might actually be baby iguanas or snake lizard mutations. I'm going to look them up later. And we saw lots of crabs. I love the bus ride back at night. The windows are really big so you can see all the trees and the ocean on the side of the road. It was super loud and the wind was blowing a lot! And it was kinda cold because it was night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw Alice, you are so adorable. I miss you much but am so glad you are having good adventures and field servie in Costa Rica.

Keep up all the hard work, and stay healthy. ;-)

Love you much,
Violette