Thursday, January 19, 2006

Drama Auditons

Yesterday I had drama auditions. It went really well. I had read the play book at least 3 times and I had practiced accents weeks ahead of time. When I got to the auditons (after school, in the gym.) I rolled up my sweat pants and aw what do you I was wearing grey stripish knee socks(to give myself a little bit of a pirate look). I originally wanted to be Sarah Huffington. She is a rich girl, who wants to marry a pirate and she is bored with her life, so she goes and searches for this pirate Bluebeard(who is actually a retired not so cool guy.) Now she is the best girl a part in the play(she has the mst lines)and the play itself is kind of naemd after her(Jolly Rodger and "the pirate queen") SHe is the pirate queen. I changed my mind about being her. First of all I don't have the same appreciation for her lines as other kids do. Second, I really like this one part of Long John Sliver. He is the real pirate, who has a reall thick accent, and gets to tutor this other guy to be a pirate so he can make Sarah fall in love wit him.

My favorite part would have to be this guy Dandy(yes he is named afer my cat, who is named after...)He is a poetic pirate, who says a few monologes that rhym, but they are very funny. He only has 50 lines though, which I don't really think is worth it cuz we have to have practices for about 4 months. But I wouldn't be disappointed if I got that part.

We find out who got what part on monday. Gives me time to build up lots of anticipation.


MMMmm I love coming home to Java coffee ice cream in the freezer. Yummy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great.

Anonymous said...

hehe alice that sounds so cool! can't wait to hear who you got to play.

ugh well now i'm off to tallahassee....gonna miss you!!



Java Coffee Ice cream rocks!!

Nina said...

sound's like fun!