Monday, January 23, 2006

=( Drama Tryouts, Updated

I got a very bad part in the pirate play. I wanted to be a pirate, but no, I am one of the main character's mother and I am married to a rather large 6th grader. Not Good. I am very disappointed and I wouldn't mind quiting, but I'll stick it out. I only have 60 lines, yes ONLY 60 pitiful little lines, and I don't come on until more than half way throught the 1st scene. I really wanted a part were I could use my pirate accent. Hmm. I think I will just have this character that I got a really weird southern accent since she is from America. I really don;t like this part. When I was practicing for my auditions I didn't even consider trying to give this person a neat voice. She was so boring I simply passed over her. The part I in particular wanted went to this, another rather LARGE, actually vary large 6th grader. The drama teacher gave her 3 kids the best part. Like her son got the main guy who has 163 lines. Her daughter got this one cool poetic pirate, Dandy. Her youngest son got this one part parrot who gets to mimick everyone.

11 comments:

Julia Gulia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

How Rude!!

Alice Springs said...

Thanks for the moral support guys. =)

Anonymous said...

Give the mother part your best and hope the teacher gives you a better part next time.

Anonymous said...

Ali I bet you can make any role you're in the shining one as long as you throw yourself into it. No one's more entrancing with that good 'ol pirate accent than you!

xox

Vi

Dante the Inferno said...

Pirates are so cool.

Jenny said...

That's awesome your into plays. Auditions are lots of fun..
I played as Mother in one of Lake Howell's shows in December. She was some old crazy/sick woman. Amazing character to play though.
Just recently, I was asked to play the Queen in Snow White. She's some real scary/crazy woman. I turned it down unfortunately. I am so busy with work & all..and knowing my boss, I couldn't take off a few days(weeks) for rehearsal.
Its weird though. Everyone likes for me to play crazy woman roles... Not a character whose sweet & normal.
but those, I think are the best characters. When you have in your hands to act like someone you aren't in real life at all. I found it being lots of fun=)

Alice Springs said...

Vi, I don't get to have a pirate accent. I am a boring Mother. The only thoughts I have for her is to give her some Crazy southern accent jsut so I can care the drama teach out of her skull. And i barely have any lines to make excting.

Anonymous said...

No Shannon I wasn't talking about your part. I think you fit urs quite well. =)

OhKathy said...

Oh yea your accent was really cool and man 60! geez! I think we should teach that teacher a lesson ..here comes the belt! jk!

Alice Springs said...

lol wahoo kathy!